4 Effective SEO Strategies
SEO or Search Engine Optimization consists of various strategies, trends and techniques that can be effective for the long-term success of your business. Website owners are increasingly opting for good SEO strategies in order to ensure higher rankings for their websites on search engines such as Google, Bing and Yahoo. It is important to use these 4 effective SEO strategies in 2020 if you wish to get higher rankings and increase your website traffic.
Pay attention to YouTube SEO
There are billions of searches made on YouTube each month. If you try YouTube SEO in 2020, you can raise the chances for your site to rank higher at the top of the results displayed on search engines. It can aid in improving the number of views for your website, and boosting the traffic for you. YouTube is the most popular search engine, next only to Google in terms of popularity. When anyone makes a search for a specific product or topic on Google, a video associated to it shows up on the very first page.
Marketing professionals need to be careful not to miss out on the opportunities that video content can provide for them. In a 2019 report by Wyzowl, it showed that 87% of marketing professionals use video as a marketing tool.(Wyzowl, 2019)
Video Marketing Statistics You Need to See
- 81% of businesses use video as a marketing tool — up from 63% over the last year. (Hubspot)
- 6 out of 10 people would rather watch online videos than television. (Google)
- Mobile video consumption rises by 100% every year. (Insivia)
- By 2022, online videos will make up more than 82% of all consumer internet traffic — 15 times higher than it was in 2017. (Cisco)
- 78% of people watch online videos every week, and 55% view online videos every day. (HubSpot)
- A Facebook executive predicted that their platform will be all video and no text by 2021. (Quartz)
- YouTube is the second most popular website after Google. (Alexa)
- Users view more than 1 billion hours of video each day on YouTube. (YouTube)
- 59% of executives say they would rather watch a video than read text. (Wordstream)
- 75% of all video plays are on mobile devices. (eMarketer)
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video, compared to 10% when reading it in text. (Insivia)
- 72% of customers would rather learn about a product or service by way of video. (HubSpot)
- People are 1.5 times more likely to watch video on their mobile phones. (Facebook)
- 92% of users watching video on mobile will share it with others. (Wordstream)
- By 2020 there will be close to 1 million minutes of video crossing the internet per second. (Cisco)
Make use of LSI keywords
If you wish to have your website easily being found out by users and Google bots, it is necessary that you use Long Semantic Indexing (LSI) keywords. These types of keywords aid search engines in finding out whether your content is relevant, and all that it is associated to. For example, in case you are writing about the next version of Apple phone, you need to use relevant keywords to let Google identify that and not the fruit. You can do that in the most effective way with the help of LSI keywords.
Concentrate on Metadata
In SEO in 2020, Metadata is an important part – and includes Meta title tags and descriptions. Make sure that each of your posts has these. You should write unique Meta descriptions, and each of these needs to describe the content of a particular page. Your website will hardly be recognized in case you duplicate them. Title tags, on the other hand, should be attractive. These should have keywords to let users know about the page content. Each page should also be unique.
Write longer posts
Write content having a minimum of 1800 words. Longer posts are more attention-grabbing than smaller posts, and are likelier to be shared. These are loved more by Google as these offer in-depth information about a specific topic. Thus, websites having longer posts enjoy higher rankings on search engines than those that are shorter.
You have to create long-form content, meaning 2000+ words high-quality blog posts. This needs to be your new content strategy.Neil Patel
Type in a query or question into Google. Then scroll down a bit, you will see a section titled “people also ask”. Answer those questions in your own words and use them in your post. Make sure to put the appropriate keywords in the headings like heading 2, and 3. By answering more questions in your blogs or articles you’ll have no trouble reaching 3000+ words.